1.09.2012

A Gift in Your Hand, a Gift You Walked By, a Gift You Sat With (Joy Dare)

Joy Dare Day 9

hand: money. I have been so blessed this year to not be in a financial burden. The past year of student teaching was a huge burden on my finances. I worked a full time job but didn't get paid for it. Now I have not only the means to pay rent and buy groceries but also to support my friend in ministry and to bless others with. In this year of many difficult and hard transitions I am so thankful that I have not had to worry about money.

walked by: a smiling child. My job at our apartment is to retrieve the mail. I get to see a few of our neighbors as I walked from our apartment to the mail box. The past few days I have seen a small kid with his parents as they bbq. He is always smiling and waving at me when I walk by. When I first saw him, I half ignored him but he was so happy that I waved back I couldn't help but smile any more.

sat with: My roommate Michelle. Michelle and I pray every morning before school now. We have been doing this for the past few weeks. And in a moment of breakdown Michelle was there to sit with me and comfort me. She has been a consistent source of prayer and comfort in this trying year of transition and sometimes you need just one person to sit with and not ask too many questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment