1.14.2012

Three Ways You Glimpsed the Startling Grace of God (Joy Dare)

Joy Dare Day 14

parents. When I was in high school I seemed to always be frustrated by my parents. I blame that on my stupid teenage self. Even when I was in college I felt many times like I was still treated like I was back in high school. But since I have become an adult and I feel like I am responsible for much more than I want to be, I am realizing how much my parents take care of me. Even now, I see how necessary it is to have your mom help you feel better when you're sick or your dad drive out to meet for lunch on a hard day. It makes me miss them more when I am not around them.

sunshine. I realize now how much weather dictates my mood. At night I am tired, slightly sad sometimes. Cloudy days I feel often depressed. Sunny days I am full of energy. But on days that should be a hard struggle, I am so thankful when God provides a clear sunny day. It reminds me of God's goodness and grace knowing that he can control the weather to improve my own mood.

the gift of touch. I think now I realized how much I liked to be hugged. I see it as a gift from God whenever someone gives me a big hug. While this happened well after Jan. 14th, I saw a friend of a friend who gave me a giant hug knowing that I wasn't going to see my first friend for a while. It was a huge moment of grace for her to hug to me because I don't really know her and on the day I saw I felt very uncomfortable enough about other things. It was amazing to receive that gift of touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment