1.18.2012

Three Gifts from God's Word (Joy Dare)

Joy Dare Day 18

Psalm 40:1-3
"I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the LORD and put their trust in him."
This is my encouragement every time I feel overwhelmed. I have known about this passage for a long time and I every time I re-read it, God gives me more peace.

Philippians 4: 4-7
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
My favorite part of this verse is the "The Lord is near." Whenever I read this verse, I often skip over this part because it is in the corner of my bible. But I know it is there and I force myself to re-read it to remind myself that the Lord is near. I need to rejoice in the Lord for he is near and his peace transcends all undersatnding. Upon reflection I also know that pray guards my heart and mind in Christ Jesus - it guards my heart from fear, guards my heart from worry, guards my heart from stress, guards my heart from lies.

Genesis 16:13
"She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: 'You are the God who sees me,' for she said, 'I have now seen the One who sees me.'"
I love this verse because God reveals himself to Hagar, not one who was used to God revealing himself to her. She had run away, been mistreated, and had an unfair life. But God shows himself to her for he is the one who sees people. It just shows that God sees the pain, sees the struggles, sees, the fear, and reveals himself to those in who have been struggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment