1.25.2012

One Grace Borrowed, One Grace Found, One Grace Inherited (Joy Dare)

Joy Dare Day 25

borrowed: sharing meals. I would say I borrowed this idea from my roommate Jessica. She came into our living situation with the mentality that we share all groceries and meal responsibilities. It has been amazing to see this idea that I learned in FUI, back in the day about sharing groceries and meals enacted in real life. Never once have we argued about who drank too much milk or ate the last cookie because we are not tied to our food as being solely one of our personal possessions. I have may borrowed this idea of sharing but I don't think I'm going to let it go.

found: phone calls. I used to hate talking on the phone, I would actively avoid it (which is ironic because I would never leave my phone out of my site). Now with so many friends who do not live near me anymore, I have been insanely blessed by this technology. I think I'll add in Skype to this because it has allowed me to talk to my friends who are out of the country on mission trips.

inherited: journaling. I don't know if this is really inherited but I have been doing it for as long as I can remember. One of my small group members noted to me earlier that they were surprised how much I could journal in one sitting (they are in junior high and that is when I first started journaling anyway). But it is a real gift to feel so comfortable with a pen and paper in my hand. I rarely have a difficult time expressing myself in words (probably why I like blogging) and it is a huge gift to be able to process life when there isn't someone to talk it out to.

No comments:

Post a Comment