1.10.2012

A Gift that's Sour, a Gift that's Sweet, A Gift that's Just Right (Joy Dare)

Joy Dare Day 10

sour: sour gummy worms left in my freezer. I love sour gummy worms because I used to eat them a lot as a child. Whenever we went to my dad's house we had a routine: go to the video store rent either a) The Big Green or b) Star Wars, go to the grocery store and get sour gummy worms and Archie comics. Somewhere along the line I realized I liked them frozen too.

sweet: my dad being willing to drive 2 hours to just to have dinner with me. My dad has been offering to meet me in San Bernardino for dinner on week nights and it takes him probably two hours of driving there and back. It is an amazing gift to have be willing to sacrifice his schedule and time just to hang out with me.

just right: eating together with friends. Our bible study eats together every week before study. Food is becoming very important to us (many of our outings revolve around food now) and I love to see us be in community together. There is nothing that brings a group of people together more than food. It feels so right.

No comments:

Post a Comment