1.21.2012

One Thing in the Sky, One Thing in Your Memory, One Thing That's Ugly-Beautiful (Joy Dare)

Joy Dare Day 21

sky: clouds. Not the heavy rain clouds but the wispy white clouds. I think it makes the sky look beautiful. Especially when the sun sets and those clouds turn all shades of reds, oranges, yellows, and purples. It is beautiful.

memory: San Luis Obispo. On bright sunny and cool days I am taken back to SLO. I remember how we used to go to the beach in January because it was actually hot enough to. It was so great to sit outside and look at the beautifully clear sky. I miss the place a lot more than I care to admit. While there are great things about living in Southern California, the crisp, clean weather in SLO is unbeatable.

ugly-beautiful: San-Bernardino itself. There is a lot of brokenness around this city. A lot of poverty, a lot of injustice, a lot of heartbreak. But one thing that I am seeing is that there is room for hope. I see it in my bible study that people care for this city. I see it in the desire for people to move in here and live intentionally, I see it in the eyes of my roommates who care deeply for the city itself. There is a lot of wrong here but a lot of room for Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment