1.08.2012

A Light that Caught You, a Reflection that Surprised You, and Shadow that Fell Lovely (Joy Dare)

Joy Dare Day 8

light: the light that comes underneath my door in the morning. I am always the last to take up every morning in my apartment. I know I am not ever alone every morning I see the light shining through the crack in my door and I know my roommates are out there too. It is small but living in community has been such an important necessity this year that I don't know where I would be without them.

reflection: my small group reminded me of a moment in InterVarsity. I know this didn't technically happen on January 8th but I'm so off it doesn't really matter. I have been struggling staying sane in my first year teaching. My first week back after a long break off was really hard and I expressed my struggles to my small group in SB. They offered to pray for me in that moment and I was taken back to many a prayer meeting and Spring Break camp in IVSLO where we did things like that.

shadow: the shadow of my car. I cannot begin to think where I would be without my car. It not only gives  me transportation but sometimes in a world of crazy it is the only place I feel safe. It can take me anywhere I need to escape to, it can crank the music loud to sing to, and has provided the best conversations ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment