1.20.2012

Three Gifts You Saw Only When Close-Up (Joy Dare)

Joy Dare Day 20

The connection of Adam's fall with my sin. When I was meeting with a counselor the other day, he helped point out that when Adam and Eve ate of the fruit God never asked them why they did it. He asked them two questions: 1) where are you? and 2) who told you were naked. This was profound for me because whenever I mess up I seem to always ask myself why or others ask me why and I don't think God ever likes to ask that questions. He knows why - we are faulty, we are human, and that is what we do. He asks us where we are and who lied to us telling us we should be ashamed.

Pillows. It may not seem like a gift but trying falling asleep without one. It is very difficult. My pillow is the perfect comfort - not too soft so it has no cushion but not to hard that it feels like a rock. It is a perfect gift for when I am trying to fall asleep or even just need to lay down.

The ocean. Well I haven't seen the ocean in a while but I realized how much I love being near it now that I am far away. I am reminded up the ocean waters whenever I walk by our pool in our apartment complex and I see it sparkling in the sun. Today even I want to stay outside by the water and journal all day (or just for a few hours).

No comments:

Post a Comment