1.30.2012

Three Old Things Seen New (Joy Dare)

Joy Dare Day 30

phone conversations: I used to hate talking on the phone. Well I still dislike talking on the phone in general, you can't always hear people and it is just not as good as talking to people face to face. However, as I have been away from some of my best friends this year, I have come to rely on the phone as a necessary means of communication. I am grateful for this piece of technology that allows me to hear the voices and laughter of my dear friends that I cannot be with in person. When my phone rings from Sol, or Sarah, or SGP, my heart leaps with joy. 

dinner at the table: Growing up we rarely had dinner at the table, it was a unique thing for my family. In college, there was never enough time to have dinner at the table with my house. One year we managed to get it down to once a week but that was a routine as we could. This year I have been blessed to eat dinner at the table with my roommates every night. I didn't see how beneficial it was to be in this form of community but it makes a difference to sit down an enjoy a meal together. I am seeing now how this moments of consistency, making dinner together, eating together, can bring a house closer to each other. It gives me something to strive for in all living situations. 

writing: I have loved writing ever since the 3rd grade where we had to create stories and make our own books (mine was about the Zortons - a made up alien race). Since then I have loved all forms of creative writing and journaling. Recently, I have found just how wonderful it is to get thought onto paper when I don't know who I can tell in person. I have also rediscovered how writing stories or poems helps get out feelings or emotions that don't have a name or an easy way to describe them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment