1.03.2012

Three Lines You Overheard that Were Graces (Joy Dare)

Joy Dare Day 3

"She gets to know people so she can love them well."
I found this on a friend's blog. When I hear things like this I am encouraged. There are many moments when I do feel like a failure - as does everyone I am sure. But when I read things like this, my heart swells up and I feel that great sense of purpose. It is just an overwhelming great feeling of joy.

"The stalling of the ball is a reminder to us to stop and reflect on the year gone by. On the triumphs and missteps, promises made and broken. New Years is about getting another chance." 
This is from the movie New Year's Eve. I was pleasantly surprised by the movie (but more on that later). I love this quote because it brought me a lot of hope for the New Year. 2011 was filled with a lot of hardships and frustrations and I am really looking forward to things improving. It gives me hope that change can be a good thing.

"She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: "You are the God who sees me." 
This is from Genesis chapter 16. It wasn't really overheard per say, but heard in church. This is slowly becoming one of my favorite passages in scripture where the Lord sees Hagar after she has run away from her mistress and her crappy life at home. God saw her in all the crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment