1.29.2012

A Song Heard, a Soft Word, Where You Found Light (Joy Dare)

Joy Dare Day 29

a song heard: so this isn't a direct song but I heard birds chirping this morning and it reminded me of Yosemite. That was guaranteed to wake you up is the soft chirping of the birds outside your tent. And in that setting, in nature it was nothing short of beautiful.

a soft word: I like the soft whispers of good morning and good night. I reminds me that I am seen and not forgotten. Every time I hear a good morning right after I wake up, I know it is not out of common courtesy or custom because it is to actually greet the morning. And good night reminds me that I do not have to go bed forgotten or hiding in my room. You'd be surprised how it makes a difference when you roommate enters your room to say goodnight before bed.

found light: I found light in the word. As I have been seen an increase in some trying times in my own life, I have found a lot of light in reading scripture, especially the psalms. Growing up in the church, you are taught, if not overly reminded to look up a bible verse when things are hard. But as young child or teenager I never fully appreciate how I could relate to David's cries for help in the Psalms, or Isaiah's outcry about injustice, or Paul's pleading in his letters. It is amazing to see this people who can seem so distant from us in time, bring to light the God of the universe who is not distant in neither time nor space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment