1.07.2012

Three Graces From the People You Love (Joy Dare)

Joy Dare Day 7

My mom spent three days helping me prepare my classroom. She helped me shop, drove out to my school, put a lot of things up for me, even rescheduled a lunch date with a friend just so I would feel comfortable in my own classroom. It has been a hard year teaching and it was amazing to know that my mom was doing all that she could to make it seem better.

Sol and I on the phone is a grace abundantly. Sol lets me call her late at night and talking about serious, nothingness, Friends-ness, and anything else. She listens to my cry, to me laugh, to me repeat the same Friends references over and over again. I wish she was here in person with me more often than not, but I am so thankful that she at least picks up her phone bill. She is also there with the "I know you're scared, don't be scared."

The thoughtfulness that Sarah P. has. This happened a couple days ago but I needed a favor from her and she was unable to do it. In her response to me she didn't just say she couldn't do it but assured me that it was no reflection of our friendship. While that may not seem like a big deal to you, I love that Sarah is always aware of what we talk and process about and applies it to our a friendship. Another long-distance friend that I am still blessed by.

No comments:

Post a Comment