1.17.2012

One Gift that Made You Laugh, One Gift that Made You Pray, One Gift that Made You Quiet (Joy Dare)

Joy Dare Day 17

laugh: our memory book. We have a memory book in our house that shares hour apartment memories. My roommate reminded of the time that I rain straight into our screen door. It was a normal apartment day, I was doing laundry while my roommate was working on the couch. I thought that screen door was pulled open (as it usually is) but it clearly was not and I walked straight into it. It made my roommate laugh so hard and I laughed only after the fact (especially far after the fact.) :)

pray: my small group. My small group is rooted in prayer now. I have been given a gift of being with that small group (especially since I don't attend the church they are based in). But every week we share prayer requests and pray with each other. The group encourages me to pray more and gives a time and a space to pray as well.

quiet: being sick. Being ill has made me quiet because I can't really talk. I was home all day from school and there wasn't anyone for me to talk to all day. This is drastically different from a normal Tuesday when I am talking all day - talking at students, talking to colleges, telling students to be quiet and sit down. But since I was home ill, I was finally able to rest and be quiet in a time where I wouldn't normally be. And while I didn't feel healthy, being sick did give a small mental break.

No comments:

Post a Comment