1.31.2012

A Gift Found on Paper, in Person, in a Picture (Joy Dare)

Joy Dare Day 31

on paper: scripture has been an the biggest gift this month that I could ever think of. It has been a rock, a point of return, and a foundation unlike ever before. Because the waters were raging and crashing, I needed a firm place to stand this month and I found it in the word. 

in person: my small group of Junior High girls. I cannot express how amazing it is to see them every Sunday. They are some of the brightest young ladies I have ever met and they remind me why I love being a small group leader. Many of them are more mature than half the high schoolers and what I love most is seeing how God is strengthen their faith. I was able to pray with some of my small group girls and to see their desire for the Lord to move in their lives, in their friends, and in the world is amazing. I love their passion. 

in a picture: there is a picture in my room of myself, Sarah H., and Sol at FUI back in 2010. I love that picture for many reasons. It reminds me that those two girls are my best friends. It reminds me that their friendship is a gift encouraged by a mission trip I could have easily never attended. It reminds me that they challenge and encourage me no matter. It reminds me of who I can count on and even reminds of good days when life gets rough.


No comments:

Post a Comment