1.15.2012

One Thing You Wore, One Thing You Gave Away, One Thing You Shared (Joy Dare)

Joy Dare Day 15

wore: a new sweatshirt. I had some gift cards leftover from Christmas and I finally got to use them. I decided to buy a new sweatshirt from Old Navy that is the perfect combination of soft, fitted, and comfortable. I have worn it a lot since I bought it and it is one of the best purchases I have made in a while.

gave away: my fear. I have been struggling a lot with fear these past few months. I am trying every day to release it back to the Lord because it doesn't belong in me in the first place. It has been a challenge to have to claim every day that the Lord did not make me in a spirit of fear but in a spirit of power. But every day I have to pray the same thing that I will be not be overwhelmed by this fear of failure, or fear of inadequacy, or fear of judgment. God's grace gets me through most of the days.

shared: chili cheese fries. My small group after church frequents a place called The Hat. At least a few of us go every week, and this week most of the Jr. High group went. It is a place unlike any other, filled with amazing food and only good memories. Every time we go, it is tradition to get chili cheese fries for the entire table. I don't think I've ever been to The Hat and not done so. It is amazing to share good food and good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment