11.07.2013

Sexy Ladies Club (30 Days of Gratitude)

When I was a sophomore in college, I attend my first InterVarsity Ignite Conference where I saw Erna up front either leading worship, speaking, or emceeing - or all three. It was a long time ago, I do remember she was up front and I also remember I was terrified of this woman. She spoke with such passion and conviction and she made me quiver in my seat because she was not letting anyone off easy. I remember thinking - how great would it be to get to know her.

Fast forward six years and now this woman is my supervisor and I am so incredibly grateful. I've had some poor supervisor at past jobs and Erna is redeeming many of those painful experiences. I'm grateful of for her leadership, for her direction, for her challenges, invitations, and encouragements. I'm so grateful to have another woman to lead me through this season of my staff life - who cares deeply for student ministry, for justice, and for my own soul's health. I'm grateful that she sees people, that she sees, that she comes and sees CSUN's campus, that she speaks at a last minute notice, that she sings during our Skype sessions, that she feeds me, and invites me to a deeper intimacy with Jesus.

Erna you rock. And we are both a part of the sexy ladies club. That's a true story.

No comments:

Post a Comment