11.12.2013

French Toast and Pumpkins (30 Days of Gratitude)

Today I am thankful that Mark initiated a meeting with me to vision for the future of IVMCF. As a staff worker, I often have to be the one to practically beg students to meet up with me. I don't mind, I love meeting with students, but it is always great when a students seeks me out to vision for the future. I love that my students are excited about where God is leading us and want to be an active part in the process. It fills my heart with joy bubbles (Literally).

I am thankful that I have a place that knows me. I go to Joyce's a lot. A LOT. They know my order there, that's how often I frequent there. I've wanted this for a long time, to feel known as a local at a restaurant, and finally it has happened. [I get the French toast, with scrambled eggs, and sausage - every single time by the way. Easy to know the order when it's the same thing.]

I am thankful that Anne and I got a random hangout. After my meeting with Mark, I ventured to campus to meet with the Monday Night Fellowship team - but two of them were sick - so Anne and I got a short one on one before her class. It was fun, restful, and I whined about being sick a lot but Anne was gracious.All before 11am too. I might have taken a mid-day nap out from the exhaustion of the morning but it was worth it.

Finally, I am thankful for Melissa Doyle who brought this sicky ice cream and a wonderful card. It was pumpkin ice cream (my favorite) and I was so grateful. I can already feel myself getting better. I think I know what heals my sickness...


No comments:

Post a Comment