11.02.2013

Mom (30 Days of Gratitude)

Today I am thankful for my mom. She surprises me sometimes with hiking adventures, lunches, books, and extra gifts I don't ever ask for. She's probably the strongest most capable woman I know who can both gently pull a child's loose tooth and fix most broken things around our house. She's so patient because she has a classroom full of 10 years olds and had me as a daughter and I most definitely a handful. She still comforts me when I'm upset or sick, will still read out loud to me if I ask her to, and will always cook me dinner when I need it.

I am inspired by her willingness to sacrifice for her friends and family, her passion for her work and faith, and for desire to stand up for herself and for others. She is tenacious and I hope to be like her when I am a mother. Thank you for encouraging me, for challenging me, for pushing me to always to do my best, and for telling me to follow my dreams. I love you mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment