11.27.2013

Dad (30 Days of Gratitude)

Today is my dad's birthday so today I am thankful for my dad.

I'm thankful for a dad, who despite his mistakes, has always loved both me and my sister. I'm thankful for a dad who was around, who did want to be a part of my life, and who didn't leave us forever. I'm thankful for a dad who puts his daughters above everyone else and who would do anything for them.

I'm thankful for what my dad has taught me - how to open my home and my life to others, how to be devoted to a job and a passion, how to bring others together over food, and how to give of yourself to others around you.

I love you dad. Happy birthday.

1 comment:

  1. I remember being really impressed that your dad came to spend lunches with you, surrounded by all your school friends. This was beautiful, thanks for the heart sharing!

    ReplyDelete