11.18.2013

Mirrors of Jesus (30 Days of Gratitude)

There are a handful of people in my life who will always be in my corner no matter. Jim and Karen Covell are two of those people. Karen has always been one of my biggest cheerleaders, someone who has always supported me in whatever I wanted to do. She supported me going to Fresno for FUI, she supported me quitting teaching, she supported me in InterVarsity in more ways than one. I'm so glad my students get even a small taste of these awesome people.

I'm so grateful for this couple as people I can model my life after. They show me what a healthy and committed marriage looks like. They show me how to love Jesus passionately. They show me how to have joy in the midst of really crappy situations. They show me how to live intentionally and sacrificially. They, in truth, are some of the most clear mirrors of Jesus. And I'm grateful God has placed them in my life, and my students get to hear their wisdom, humor, and encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment