11.13.2013

Bible Study (30 Days of Gratitude)

I have not co-lead a bible study since 2009. The last consistent group I lead was with Eric Lebowtiz in the Poly Canyon Village Apartments my junior year. Through a strange series of events, I was asked to help co-lead a bible study in the dorms with one of our volunteer leaders, Ryan. I thought it was going to be a temporary gig, find him a new co-leader quickly and then move on to other things.

No so much. But I'm very grateful that I was placed into this leadership role as a co-leader for many reasons.
  • I've been able to co-lead with Ryan and get to know him, his leadership style, in a way I probably wouldn't if I wasn't leading with him every week. 
  • I get to experience leading bible study again, learning better how to teach others how to do it because I am "in the trenches" as it were.
  • I get to know students in my bible study on a deeper level, students I may never have met if I wasn't going every week. 
  • I get to spend more time in the dorms, knowing I will be there at least once a week (some weeks I'm at the dorms 3-4 times). 
  • I get to study scripture. 
So while it wasn't a part of my plan, I'm grateful that God sometimes knows me better and knows what I need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment