11.19.2013

Community Group (30 Days of Gratitude)

I am grateful I found a place within the Encino community group with Reality LA. It has been a great place for me to connect with new friends, a lot of non-InterVarsity people, and build a new family of people around me. Tonight I was reminded of how amazing this has been for the past few weeks. I'm so grateful how our group is centered around building relationships with each other, about going deep into each others' lives, about being honest and open, about laughter and seriousness, and welcoming.

I'm grateful we feed each other constantly and that our group eats together every week. I'm grateful we are actively getting to know each other, asking each other silly questions and deep questions. I'm grateful we listen to each other's stories, hear experiences different from our own, and seek to learn from one another. I'm grateful that in one night we can talk about dressing up like the different Super Smash brothers (I get to be Link) and then go to healthy and biblical relationships between men and women.

I am grateful for all the friendship, the new family, and the food that this group has been for me in the past two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment