11.22.2013

Gratitude Snorkel #3 (30 Days of Gratitude)

Today was one of those rough days. Those kind of days that as soon as you wake up, you know they just aren't going to be easy. Started with my car not working and then a lot of discouragement and disappointment followed. Coupled with a hard few days previously and a night previous of poor sleep and the last thing I wanted to do was say what I was thankful for.

But gratitude is a choice. Being joyful is not a feeling or emotion, it's a choice to see the beauty in ugly, to see the whole in the broken. So today I share what I am grateful for, knowing it hasn't been easy but that's ok.

So this week I am also grateful for:
  • Yogurtland Adventures with Rachel and the laughter that always comes when are together
  • Running 3 miles at a new personal best (under 38 minutes)
  • Delicious pho, egg rolls, thai tea, and frozen yogurt. Yum! 
  • Listening to rain fall outside my window
  • Friends who let me borrow their cars when mine dies
  • Seeing the vast sunshine driving from one place to another
  • Heaters that use gas instead of electric (because we don't pay for gas at our apartment)
  • Dinner and a fun movie to relax to
  • Laughter and jokes
  • Anything pumpkin related (ice cream, cupcakes, muffins, cookies, etc.) 
  • Brainstorming ideas for photoshoots and books 
  • Will Smith - enough said 

No comments:

Post a Comment