11.01.2013

Los Angeles at Night (30 Days of Thankfulness)

Last year I did 30 Days of Gratitude to develop the discipline of gratitude. Especially after reading One Thousand Gifts, I see how import this is to develop the consistent discipline of gratitude and joyfulness.

I am grateful for the city I live in - I am grateful to call LA my home. Not many people enjoy living here or want to move here but God has something beautiful planned for this city. I love that people in LA are artist, we are loyal - to our friends, to our sports teams, to our city, we are dependable, we are challenging and sometimes difficult, we are proud of where we come from, we find beautiful things in the ordinary or in the ugly, and we may not love a lot of things but those that we do, we love deeply.

Thanks to Mark, Jenel, Jonathan, Luke, and Sean for helping me see how beautiful my city really is. And how glad I am to live here even when traffic sucks, parking is awful, and there feels like God is not moving at all. But God is moving here.


"There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.
Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts. 
The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress."  Psalm 46:4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment