11.01.2012

30 Days of Gratitude

Back in January I did a blog series about Joy Dare from the book One Thousand Gifts (which I still need to read, Mom, and you have the book). It was an interesting experience because the month itself was one of the hardest months I've been through and it was a challenge every day to find Joy in a lot of pain and suffering  I was ultimately rewarded by the experience because Joy is more than a feeling, it's a choice to have joy during the hardest of times.

I believe thankfulness is the same way. I've never been fond of the holiday that appears every November because I really don't like Turkey and we never seemed to be very thankful, except for perhaps the couple of hours before dinner. 

As I learn about myself in the recent years, I find I am a not a very positive person. I won't ever be super bubbly, and I am ok with that, but I want to grow in my genuine thankfulness at the wonderful things my life has. I find it a challenge to be thankful because I find I come off insincere and fake sometimes. But this month, I am going to blog every day, about what I am thankful, even if the day was hard and difficult, even if I don't want to, and even if I have to say I'm thankful I got out of bed, I still will be faithful to be thankful. 

1 comment: