11.19.2012

Minons (30 Days of Gratitude)


I am thankful for my student leaders today. They have joked that they are my "minions" from Despicable Me. They do what I ask but kind of drive me crazy and I don't always understand what they are saying (look up clips on you tube if you've never seen the movie). But they are so much more than that. They are an amazing group of 12 people who are letting Jesus work in their lives in radical ways this year. I don't think I would have asked for any other group this year. They have blessed me in ways I can't describe and have been instrumental in my healing from my brokenness with students in the past. They have helped return to me my confidence in my ability to lead others, they have both encouraged and challenged me, they have made fun of me, they have laughed with me, cried with me, screamed with me, and even go on random adventures with. They are some of my favorite people who I will treasure for ever and keep in my life for a long time.

I am grateful for Amanda who quite literally saves my life when it comes to organizing details and who is willing to give the difficult things in life a second chance.
I am grateful for Anne who came in last minute and immediately jumped into leadership and our vision, who is letting Jesus give her strength and confidence.
I am grateful for Brendan who never wants to settle, never wants anyone else to settle, and is letting his heart heal from the things of the past.
I am grateful for Darci who is open, honest, and vulnerable even in the hardest of times, who seeks after justice and the gospel for all those she knows and those she's never met.
I am grateful for Darin who is willing to step outside of his comfort zone, take risks, and is willing to go where Jesus has called him.
I am grateful for Jenel who is opening herself up to transformation by Jesus, even if that means letting him into the hard places in life and who is seeing God's kingdom with new eyes.
I am grateful for Mark who is open to God changing his world view and who is sensitive those that others may be ignoring.
I am grateful for Miriam who doesn't want people to stay where they are at and who vulnerably shares in order to bring people into her own life and struggles so they may do the same.
I am grateful for Monique who's sensitivity to the Holy Spirit teaches us how to listen and for her desire to see others experience the Lord's grace as well.
I am grateful for Ryan whose musical talent blesses anyone with ears to hear, his laughter is contagious and his heart longs loves all he comes into contact with even those that are different than him.
I am grateful for Sabrena who takes care of those in her midst, providing food or comfort or even challenge to those around her, and for taking risks in new areas.
I am grateful for Sarena who sees all those around her and longs for them to be seen for who they are, and that she is discovering how to use the unique gifts God has given her.

No comments:

Post a Comment