11.01.2012

Gemela (30 Days of Gratitude)

Today I am thankful for my twin, Sol. I miss her like crazy and it hurts sometimes that we are in cities so far apart. But I am thankful she knows me so well. I am thankful she understands when I don't speak it's because my emotions are so deep no words are appropriate, I can slip in and out of our fake accent and it never phases her, and sometimes it is good enough to quote endless lines from Friends on the phone. I'm thankful we wrestle with the hard issues most people won't touch. I'm thankful she is not white and brings me into her culture gracefully and gently. I am grateful she is finding herself and bringing me along the journey.

Her trust and her friendship are something I never thought I would have growing up and I never expected to get. It was a pure gift from God and shows even spending six weeks with a friend can be enough to solidify your friendship for a lifetime. I am excited for the adventures to come in our friendship.


No comments:

Post a Comment