11.28.2012

Running (30 Days of Gratitude)

I never thought I would actually say that. I hated running all my life before this year. I had to run a cross country race in both 7th and 8th grade as a part of being on the basketball team and each time I wanted to just fall over and die. Apparently I've moved beyond that and maybe I just miss playing sports, being active. But I've been really grateful for the chance to run in my neighbor and on campus (although I feel like I get the weird looks of why I'm not at the SRC running and I want to have a giant sign that says I'm not a student, ask me more about when I don't run past you and when I'm not out of breath - but that's another story).

I am really thankful that I am actually having motivation to run because it is healthy, obviously, but it helps me feel like I'm doing something. I'm in a season of extreme processing - that means a lot of journaling, thinking, talking, and writing - what it doesn't mean (just yet) is a lot of action. Running helps me feel like I'm going somewhere and that I am doing something. I feel focused and energized and it gives me new spirit and vision when I could easily be bogged down by everything that could be going wrong.

And then I think I should run like Phoebe. "Did you ever run so fast you though your legs were going to fall off, like when you are running to the swings, or running away from Satan... the neighbor's dog."

No comments:

Post a Comment