11.17.2012

Scones and Wisdom (30 Days of Gratitude)

Today I am thankful for scones. Carrie Minturn seriously makes the best scones. With her recipe and her natural talent for baking that I have yet to posses (I think I may get when I become a mother), and that every time I've had one I'm about ready to have an emotional break down, they are seriously the best things in the known universe. These are probably my favorite food of all time, the banana chocolate chip ones being my all time favorites. She is a genius.

But not only does she make the best scones on the planet, I am so blessed by her wisdom and her truth. Carrie is a straight shooter but a gracious one at that. She is always imparting on me the wisdom of her years and experience and I hope I can possess some of that as I grow older. She is a wonderful role model to me of what it looks like to be a godly woman, mother, and wife - who not only seeks to love Jesus but to love the city and to strive for justice. I am so thankful I did FUI in 2010 and I got to know her (and benefit from her cooking) and that I can come over to her house and she welcomes me home. Because of her hospitality and love, I have always felt like that house was another place I could call home and feel safe.

And her scones are the best. THE BEST. I am still thinking about them and that says something about how good they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment