11.09.2012

Happiness (30 Days of Gratitude)

Today was the second time in a few weeks I've been told how much happier I look. This is a big deal for people to say this to me. One year ago I was a teacher at a middle school and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. I quit back in February for a multitude of reasons and it has been a long and ongoing journey to recover from what I went through there.

But I am thankful that job is over. I am thankful to be free from the disfunction and the torment. I am thankful I have a job I love, even though it is far from easy. I am thankful I can wake up every morning and the biggest success of the day was not getting out of bed. I am thankful for having the life back in me and for the joy returning to my soul. And I am thankful people are noticing how much happier I do look.

Yes, working for InterVarsity as intern staff is not an easy job by far, but it is a challenge I look forward to and I know I can grow from. I am thankful I have been given a chance to not just be redeemed from the brokenness of the year but to heal and thrive into something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment