11.14.2012

Questions (30 Days of Gratitude)

I am known to ask a lot of questions - you know those hard questions that you don't want to answer but you have been thinking about for a while. I picked up the skill from my old InterVarsity staff workers who would often do this to me. Then add in the two summer projects and I learned how to pull all these out of my hat for any situation.

But today I am thankful for them being used on me. There aren't that many people I have found who are brave enough to ask those tough questions - that get at the heart of what you really feel or what you are really wrestling with Jesus. I am thankful for the bravery of my friends and even my students to look me in the eye, call me out or ask me the hard truths I'm avoiding dealing with. It is needed in discipleship and friendship - for both to be vulnerable and for both to take risks.

I wish I could say I came to good answers by the end of the day but all I came away with is that there is a lot I need to wrestle and bring to Jesus and that will take some time. Answers come later I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment