11.03.2012

Redemption (30 Days of Gratitude)

I am thankful for Tom Allen, our regional direction (essentially my boss's boss). After my time in teaching I have a really hard time receiving written (and even sometimes verbal) feedback. I know how important it is but since I was so used to receiving negative reviews that almost cut to the core of who I was, every time I receive an "evaluation" I start to panic. I am thankful for Tom Allen's gracious words of wisdom, where there were no negatives, only areas of improvement, and he began by finding serious positives in the talk I gave. I am grateful even God is beginning to redeem every aspect of my life - from giving me students who actually listen when I talk and what to engage with what I have for them, with supervisors who care about my own personal well being, and with evaluators who look what what I actually do well and give suggestions in order to help me improve, knowing I am already faithful to do a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment