11.06.2012

Upside Down Kingdom (30 Days of Gratitude)

I am thankful I have a right to vote. I am thankful I my voice is not silenced. I am thankful, as a woman, my voice can be heard. But I live in a broken world, with broken rulers and kings, leading broken people. I am thankful I serve someone greater than any president.

I am thankful that I am more than just an American citizen, a part of a country and a state but a part of an upside down kingdom. I am thankful, no matter who the future president is - a good one, a bad one, one I agree with or not, republican or democrat or neither, man or woman, ultimately they are not the one I serve. I serve a peasant king, a carpenter who was homeless during his ministry, who challenged us with a new way of thinking and living, who did what he preached, and who died on a cross so that others might be saved.

I am grateful to be a part of a kingdom that seeks to serve rather than to gain, seeks to feed rather than to take, and longs to see revival, even if it comes at personal cost. I am thankful I serve a God who is perfect and good, who's love and mercy will outlast any ruler here on earth. I am thankful to this God who knows my name and my inmost being. I am thankful that with him, I am never alone. I am grateful there is grace and whomever our countries leader is, I know they will fail us sometimes. They will succeed at others, but the King I serve never fails, he always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always preservers.

No comments:

Post a Comment