11.24.2012

Musicals (30 Days of Gratitude)

I am thankful for musicals. Today has been at home day, which meant a lot of listening to music on my computer. Recently, I've been listening to a lot of musicals. I love them - I love how the writers find a way to express a range of emotions through songs and stories. It puts two of my favorite things together - music and stories into a seamless portal of a particular aspect of life.

My love for musicals may seem silly unless you are one of those people, and I count myself among them, who find musicals as a great way to express emotions and life. I love the variety that I have come to know - Sound of Music to Spring Awakening to Les Miserables to The Scarlet Pimpernel. I am grateful for an empty house and an empty car to sing along loudly without bothering anyone and I grateful that I have really nice headphones to listen to them as well.

It makes me miss the old Cake and Frank days where my sister, Emily, Jane, and I would make delicious desserts and watch Seven Brides for Seven Brothers or Kiss Me Kate.

So I am thankful that in a musical anything seems possible. There is singing, for dancing, and for being able to do it an alleyway - even if it seems weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment