1.03.2013

Urbana 12

Every three years, InterVarsity USA and Inter-Varsity Canada put on a mission conference known as Urbana. I attended in 2009 and was privileged to attend Urbana 12 this year. There are so many things to be said about the conference, and I'm sure I will be reflecting on them more as the month rolls on but here are my top highlights.


- Hearing a talk given in Spanish
- Being challenged and grown in unexpected ways
- Hearing an African man be the first to give the primary scripture exposition for the conference




- Worshiping in 4 different languages at once
- Singing in Hindi for the first time
- Watching a Chinese student light up when we sang in Mandarin
- Seeing my students sing in new languages




- Seeing over 200 people make heart commitments for Jesus (98 of them for the first time)
- Seeing my students wrestle with hard questions and make radical commitments for God's global mission
- Watching 7 CSUN students commitment to long term cross-cultural and global mission



- Students joining-in and making 32,000 AIDS caregiver kits instead of a hearing a speaker
- Having 15 CSUN students attend the conference (that is 25% of our fellowship)
- Re-uniting with old friends and making new ones

Ringing in the new year with 16,000 of my brothers and sisters 

*pictures from urbana.org

No comments:

Post a Comment