1.05.2013

Books 1 and 2

As you might recall, once I turned 25, I decided to create a list of goals for the year - to challenge myself in things I like doing. Obviously I plan to blog about my journeys through these. I have just finished two books out of my 25 for the year (remember I started on Dec. 16 rather than Jan 1).

The two books I have finished are:




Liesl and Po by Lauren Oliver.
It is a story about a young girl named Liesl who is locked in a tiny attic bedroom and one night is visited by a ghost, Po. The same night, a young boy William (the alchemist's apprentice) confuses an important delivery. Will's mistake creates an adventurous tale of magic, friendship, and adventure for all three young children.





Healing for Damaged Emotions by David A. Seamands
There is a kind of hurt and pain that cannot be worked through by normal prayer and scripture reading. A deep pain, wounded emotions that are often caused from moments long ago but invade the reality of our present. These inner hurts are what Seamands works through - presenting their reality and their affect on our lives. He writes honestly through his own stories and hurts so that readers may also deal honestly with their own deep inner hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment