11.07.2015

Psalm 23 (30 Days of Gratitude)

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 7

I retreated to Riverside this weekend to spend time with my dear friend Claire. Today was the most restful day I've had in a while. I'm reminded of Psalm 23 and how David finds his rest in the Lord. Here is how I found rest today.


The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. 
I rest quiet coffee shops with affogados and coloring books. 
He leads me to deep conversations with dear friends and restores my soul. 
He guides me when life is sticky and messy for his greater glory. 
Even though depression and anxiety may cover me, darkness encompass me, I will not be afraid. 
For you are Immanuel, you are with me.
You Word and musical worship comfort me. 
You prepare me for rough situations and give more Chinese food that I could ever need. 
Surely the desires of my heart - good conversations, local businesses, wonderful food, cool weather, silence, music, and rest will be present. 
And in the midst of messy life I will dwell with you as you dwell with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment