2.16.2013

Life to the Full

This weekend marks the anniversary of two very important markers in my life. The first being when I rededicated my life to Christ in 2007. The second being when I quit my teaching job in 2012.

Both had a huge impact on my life and very much set me to the place that I am today. Rededicating my life was the start of a journey of healing, of restoration, and of passion for my faith, for Jesus, for community, and for so much more. I have a heart for the city because of this event. I have a heart for the broken and the hurting because of that moment when I decided to actually follow Christ rather than just get a ticket into heaven.

Quitting my teaching job was the start of a breakdown that eventaully lead to some of the most powerful breakthroughs of my adult life. It was very much a restart and a re-experiecning the same healing, restoration, and passion that I God instilled in me back when I was 19. It was the beginning of my transformation as an adult, having to choose again to follow where Christ would lead me - even into the hardship and painful aspect of healing.

As I head into a new season with InterVarsity as a staff, a new place in Northridge I am reminded of God's faithfulness to bring healing, restoration, and life into the places I once thought were dead. For "the thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full." (John 10:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment