12.25.2012

Hot Tub in Snow

Today I met an older couple on the metro from the St. Louis Airport to my hotel downtown. Sadly I did not catch their names but I did have quite the long conversation with them so together they count as one of 25 new people I'm supposed to meet.

Unfortunately they were just returning from LA to see the husband's sister who was in the UCLA hospital. She was given about two weeks to live and they went out for a quick visit to see her. They were very glad to be on their way home though (and did spend some time arguing about whether or not to see the wife's son and baby grandchild for dinner - which included prime rib, so naturally I wanted to continue to hang out with them).

They did leave with me one suggestion for an adventure to try. After enjoying a nice time in a hot tub, jump into the snow and make snow angels. Then back to the hot tub. They have been doing that for years and said I wasn't fully living life until I have done so. Thoughts? It could be my fear I face (fear of dying from hypothermia I suppose). But I'm missing the snow. And the hot tub. I guess this would be an adventure just to even accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment