6.29.2012

Who God Loves

"I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, buy my name the LORD I did not make myself fully known to them. I also established my covenant with them to give them the land of Canaan, where they resided as foreigners. Moreover I have heard the groaning of the Israelites, whom the Egyptians are enslaving, and I have remembered my covenant." - Exodus 6:3-5

God loves the widowed, the orphan, the lost, the oppressed, the foreigner, the slave, the broken, the wounded, and any of those our world is quick to cast aside.

Are we, as followers of Christ loving those that the world has cast aside? Or are we quick to judge and protect our own selves.

"And calling the crowd to him with his disciples, he said to them, 'If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, buy whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man to gain the whole told and forfeit his soul? For what can a man give in return for his soul?" - Mark 8-34-36

These are tough questions that I am wrestling with. 

Keep that in mind as you watch the this video: Why Honors Students Across the Country Are Being Thrown in Jail

No comments:

Post a Comment