6.02.2015

13.1 Club

I've joined the 13.1 Club!

Yes, I recently ran a half marathon. Some days I still can't believe I did it. I decided to do it a bit on a whim, not really sure what I was getting myself into. I really enjoy running but I don't do it as frequently unless I'm training for something. So in December I signed up for the TinkerBell Half Marathon.

And I'm so proud to say that I finished! It was slow and my knee was in a lot of pain starting around mile 10 but I finished it! I ran it with Team AFSP (American Foundation for Suicide Prevention), in honor of my friend Rachelle.

my gear

before the race started 

lining up

at mile 6

almost to the finish line

Sarah, Jenel, and Jonathan came to support me

my medal

posing with TinkerBell herself. 

I love the experience and I would probably run a half marathon again but not for a while. But I've definitely been bit by the running bug so in December my best friend Sol and I are running in the Disney Star Wars 10k in December. We are both running with Team AFSP. 

Stay tuned for more info about this next running adventures (I'm so glad it's only 6.2 miles instead of 13.1). I will be doing fundraising for this one too and all donations go to support research and resources for those struggling with depression. 

No comments:

Post a Comment