9.23.2013

In Remembrance

It was two years ago that I found out my master teacher from Santa Maria High School Trishawna Quarles passed away in childbirth. She was a huge influence on me, who taught me a lot of how to relate to students, how to challenge and impact them, and how to never let circumstances dictate your life. Her death was one of the hardest to deal with and that came at such a difficult time in my own life as well.

My soul is feeling the grief again, remembering how I found out about her death, that she died in childbirth, bringing the son she prayed so hard to get into the world, and dying moments later. My soul is full of grief again for her loss in our lives. Even though I knew her for a short time, so much of what she did when I was her student teacher left a lasting impression on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment