4.28.2013

Who You Are

Every since probably 2000 or so I have been a fan of JJ Heller. She is a really good friend of one my old small group leaders, Sarah, so she actually came to one of our small group meetings. Later she performed at my church and I've been a fan ever since.

While she isn't a new artist I follow, her newest album, Loved, came out this March. I think it ranks in my top favorites - keeping her traditional acoustic style and depth of lyrics, I've always valued JJ for not trying to be "too Christian" or "too mainstream" when it comes to music. She speaks from her soul, and it shows. She loves her daughters, loves her husband, and love God, and writes all of this into her music. She impresses me as a woman of faith and and as a musician.

Here is the official music video for one of her songs, Who You Are, from the new album. As a side note - I want a dinner party like this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment