3.14.2013

5k Finisher!

I like lists and pictures so let's recap my first 5k with both!

What I learned: 
- I have a lot more energy, adrenaline, excitement on race day than on a normal day
- I can run a lot faster than I give myself credit for (I finished in 38:00 and I was shooting for just under 45:00 so I blew that goal out of the water).
- I run faster when I can run with someone
- I love having a support team who makes signs. The other runners get jealous.
- I love that you get a medal for finishing. If makes me feel twice as accomplished.
- I now identify myself as a runner. I have a Running Board on Pintrest and everything. 
- I really enjoy running.
- I am exciting to start preparing for another one.
- I foresee running longer races in my future. We will see. I have to get through the 25 goals first.


Picture time!

I passed Jenel and Jaclyn but they weren't looking. A few moments later, Jenel had sprinted up to take this picture. I'm laughing in most of the pictures because Jenel and Jaclyn were being hilarious as I ran by them. The fact that I could smile and laugh as I ran by was pretty impressive.

Almost at the finish line. I was definitely ready to be done. And glad it was a downhill stretch.

Pretty happy when I thought my time was 38:17 (based on what my iPhone said). Little did I know it was actually 38:00. 

My running buddy, Carol.

The signs Jaclyn and Jenel made for me. They were pretty impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment