2.01.2014

Chapter Two

Seven years ago I rededicated my life to Christ. It was a moment where I needed to make my faith real, I needed to jump out of the boat, I needed to do something to stop living in a watered-down faith. And God has brought me a long way since then. I've been challenged, I've been pressed, I've been encouraged, I've been all over the place and God has been faithful.

Two years ago I became an intern with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship at CSUN and that was totally unexpected. It wasn't a part of my plan but God brought me into a season of deep healing and deeper relationship. My faith was very much transformed by this process.

Now it's time for a new chapter. I just accepted a full time staff position with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship to work at a staff at CSUN and Pierce (interestingly enough interviewing at the same church I made decision I faith). God has brought me a long way in the past seven years and I'm excited to see where God continues to bring me.

When I first stepped onto CSUN's campus to consider coming on staff I commented that it felt like home. It was the same feeling I got when I stepped onto Cal Poly SLO's campus to consider coming as a student. I couldn't explain it but it just felt like the place I needed to be. And now I am excited to make that place and the schools around it, my home for the next several years.

No comments:

Post a Comment