5.29.2013

Twinship

I am very grateful for an amazing start to summer with Sol coming to visit. Some things I'm grateful for: 

I am grateful every time someone asks us how we know each other. It is not a simple story but shows the amazing power of God's timing and sense of humor. We became best friends that summer (or as we call it, "twins") when there was this one student, Alex, who managed to frustrate us both somehow and we responded with the same response, in the same tone, and using the same gestures. We were amazed and our friendship was solidified right there.

I am grateful for the opportunity to make new friendships. Sol got to make new friends with my students (who I have been talking about to her constantly for the past year) and she finally got to meet some of them. It was also a chance for some of my students to meet my best friend, a person very dear to my own soul, and be a part of my life pre-Northridge/CSUN.

I also got to make new friends this weekend and see a part of Sol's life pre-FUI.

Lastly I'm graetful for yet another shirt we have where we match or close enough. That makes a total of 5 (Frybread Power, Powell's, Cookies and Milk, a CBS shirt, and now tie dye). We like to match, as most twins do.

No comments:

Post a Comment