9.24.2012

25 in 25: Draft 2

So when I turn 25 in - what is it - 3 months or so, I will have one year to do 25 different challenges. Here is the sort of final list.
  1. Read 30 new books (I did 25 this year, or well I'm working on it, so I'm upping the goal
  2. Visit 25 new places (Need new ideas for road trips)
  3. Meet 25 new people that are not work related (I need to know their name, where they are from and where they are going. Bonus if I get a picture with them. Double bonus if I stay in contact with them) 
  4. Lose 25 lbs (or more, but we'll start with that)
  5. Get rid of 25 things that I don't need (yeah like the 25 lbs... ok 25 other things)
  6. Actually try 25 things on pintrest (seriously, I still haven't done one yet?) 
  7. Write 25 handwritten letters (not cursive though - still printed
  8. Learn to cook 25 new dishes 
  9. Give 25 gifts that are each under $1 
  10. Physically record 25 family stories (we will see if I can get some truthful ones out of may family)
  11. Give up 4 bad habits  
  12. Blog once a week (and not like a sentence, a good decent blog post here)
  13. Learn to drive a stick shift (So I can participate in a future Fast and the Furious movie)
  14. Get coffee/tea/ice cream with 25 old friends 
  15. Make 5 things from scratch (clothing, furniture, a cake, etc.)  
  16. Create a piece of art to frame (not writing or photography
  17. Learn a new skill (maybe more than one)
  18. Begin to learn another language 
  19. Write something to be published
  20. Spend 25 hours volunteering (InterVarsity does not count)
  21. Write a song (like Shannon is a Hip Trendy Ninja... ok maybe a serious song?)
  22. Watch 10 classic movies I can't believe I haven't seen yet
  23. Go out dancing at least once (I may need company on that one
  24. Memorize 25 passages of scripture (how long? well more than "Jesus wept")
  25. Go hiking once a month (or at least really long walking
Thoughts? I'm still thinking through them but by the time December rolls around, I will have a pretty good list created.

No comments:

Post a Comment