8.27.2011

Time (Teaching Reflections 2)

Hard to believe that August is almost over. Time seems to have stopped in a way and all the days blend together. Wake up early, go to school. See about 150 students a day. Try to keep their names straight and not call Johnny, Steven or Emily, Susan. Figure out new ways to get the class to quiet down and not cry when the floor is a mess by the end of the day. Come home, take a break, eat dinner, freak out that tomorrow is not planned and do some grading. Go to bed (later than advisable) and sleep ok. Wake up the next morning and start over.

It will be a miracle if teaching doesn't kill me by the end of the year. I've never been so tired. I was warned the first year was hard. I wonder if the first year at every new job is like this. I doubt it.

2 comments:

  1. I know this sounds cliche but, I know you will make it through! And you will do it well!You've had great training and it will pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the new back-drop by the way.

    ReplyDelete