7.23.2011

Change in Relationships

One of the things I miss about being on a mission trip like FUI (Fresno Urban Internship) is the constant push to process and let God and others into the turmoil and whatever else is going on in your head. It is exceptionally easy to just let it slide by when you are not surrounded by community or even tough things every day.

I have been in the gross transition process that plagues many young adults upon their impending graduation dates. I have been going through this for a while, but as I begin to entire the reality of adulthood and with an actual job nearly approaching, I find that I am beginning to freak out more and more about the changing of my many relationships. I have never been one to handle change well, especially when it comes to relationships. If someone works well, I like it stay that way. So now that I am so far away from the ones that I call dear, I become more anxious.

But I am reminded of two bits of advice I learned while in FUI both years: 1) I know you're scared, don't be scared and 2) It's ok to not be in in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment