1.24.2011

Psalms

My bible study is going through 1 Samuel and the psalms in order to see how David prayed his way through life. We wrote psalms during study...

Lord, I am tired, exhausted. 
I feel as if my body is made of stone. 
It becomes heavier to move each day. 
There is never enough sleep to get, 
Too much to still do, and never 
Enough time in the day. 
Never enough money in the bank. 
There just never seems to be
Enough. 
It's like my brain is being pulled in
Different directions, stretched too thin. 
I want to sing that all I need is you 
But my body seems to disagree. 
My body and mind are odds with my soul. 
How can these things co-exist and fight 
At the same time. So much trying to rule my life. 
I feel like I've been running for days straight. 
Why must it be so difficult? 
Why does it seem as if there's still not enough. 
Why? Why? Why? 
And I have to hold it all together because that is what everyone else is telling 
Me to do. Keep it together. Be an adult. 
But I really feel as if everything is falling apart. Slowly unraveling. 
Pull the string and the whole sweater comes apart. 
But I know, Lord, that you are enough. 
That you are greater than the things I lack. 
You are the provider and my strength. 
Lord help me to see this, even when sleep and stress 
Cloud my eyes. 
So I lift my eyes up to the hills. 
Know where my help comes from. 
My help, comes from you, my God. 
Maker of heaven and earth. 
When my soul is downcast, I will put my 
Hope in You. 
My savior and my God. 

1 comment: